07 May Five Ways to Celebrate Mom on Mother’s Day
One day a year is not nearly enough to honor one of the most important people in your life, but it is a perfect opportunity to express your gratitude such a special lady. Here are some of our favorite ways to honor Mom on Mother’s Day.
- Celebrate mom by letting her have time to herself. Moms do so much and they deserve a break. Just don’t leave her alone all day. After giving her a much needed break take her to dinner. ***Don’t give her a 3rd place trophy like I did in 2014 as a joke before her real gift.
- Cook for your mom or take her to breakfast or brunch. Mother’s Day breakfast is a time honored tradition for a reason. It can be as simple as a cup of coffee and a pastry or as extravagant as a four-course smorgasbord. And even if you and your mother live far away you can always have a virtual breakfast just share some recipes and fire up FaceTime.
- Pick up some flowers for mom. A bouquet of flowers or a customized arrangement of your mom’s favorite blooms is a great way to celebrate her on her day.
- Treat your mom to a nice relaxing massage package this weekend. Call, make the appointment under her name, and pre-pay for Mom to be taken care of. Taking time to make sure mothers are taken care of this Mother’s Day is the least we can do for everything they do year round, no days off.
- Clean the house. What mom wouldn’t love to wake up to a sparkling clean house on Mother’s Day morning? Follow that up with some of the suggestions above (flowers, breakfast, etc) and you are sure to have one happy mom that day.
We hope you enjoyed this article. For more subSpace blog content click HERE